Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TOP 10 Ideas for Wordlessness


Let's face it. We all have days when we cannot think of anything to blog about. We want to be informative, but feel like we have exhausted our wealth of knowledge in our previous blog posts. We want to be funny, but it looks like we've gone through our repertoire of jokes. We want to be deep and thought provoking, but our well is dry and we have nothing to offer.

Ever been there?

So what's a gal to do when she has no words?
  1. She blogs about having no words. Hey, there's a new concept! Write about what you are experiencing at the moment. Let your experience dictate what you write. 
  2. Read the newspaper. Check out the news online. What's happening in the writing world? Publishing world? Author world? News is fodder for discussion.
  3. Do a book review. People are always wanting to find a new author or read a fabulously gripping book. Share your favorites!
  4. Try doing Google Alerts. You can set up alerts to any news regarding any subject. This is similar to #2.
  5. Check out Twitter Trends to know what people are talking about.
  6. Share excerpts from your favorite authors or possibly one of your own.
  7. Design your own book cover and share it with the world.
  8. Review your favorite writing books.
  9. Do a MAD LIB...nonsense...pure nonsense.
  10. Take the day off and read a book. 
So there's a list of Ten things you can do when you are stuck without any ideas. Now if you see any of these pop up here at The Writer's Alley on Tuesdays, you will know that I HAVE NO WORDS!!!! 

Actually, I'm hoping to get my head on straight some time soon and write something of substance. Who knows, maybe I can write some riveting posts that will inspire and motivate you to follow your dream full force. Or at least make you roll your eyes a bit.

*This post was originally posted on September 27, 2010. (Sorry guys...I had no words!)


***************************************************************************
This post is brought to you by
 Sherrinda Ketchersid

Sherrinda is a minister's wife and mother to three giant sons and one gorgeous daughter. A born and bred Texan, she writes historical romance filled with fun, faith, and forever love.


7 comments:

Karen @ a house full of sunshine said...

I love it!!! I know you're being all funny and tongue-in-cheek (and thanks for the giggle!) but these are actually really great ideas! Totally gonna pull up this post next time I'm stuck without a clue. We love you, Sherrinda!!

Jeanne Takenaka said...

Sherrinda, I love your ideas. Even though I've only been blogging for a couple months, I already worry that the ideas will run dry sooner rather than later. And I wonder if anything I share impacts others. :) But that's another topic entirely.

I'll be on the look-out for topics coming up! ;) Just kidding.

Jessica R. Patch said...

Twitter trends! That's smart! I never thought of that. Yes, yes I am saying I'm not smart. :)

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Karen, I love you too! And yes, while I was trying to be a bit funny, some of those ideas really do jump start my brain!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Jeanne, I totally understand that! Seriously, I am always wondering if I should even BE blogging...do my words really matter? Well, yes and no! The will to some and not to others! Besides, blogging is a form of writing and enjoyable. It is the pressure of having to do it on a schedule that sucks the fun out of it for me.

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Jessica!!! Do not smart about yourself like that, girl! You ARE smart! Incredibly Smart! I can tell that by reading your fabulous blog! (Did you notice that I used exclamation marks for all my sentences in this comment?!!!!) Love you!

Amy Leigh Simpson said...

Super awesome tips here! I'm not all that stuck for words but I might go give myself a workout just to recharge :) great stuff!