Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thanksgiving Writer's Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

Jesus, I can't spend today with my family and a table overflowing in bounty, without thanking You for the gifts You have given me this day.

I have a healthy family. A family that loves me unconditionally and though they might not understand all my writer quirks, or the need to tap on the computer until o'dark hours, they love me anyway. They give me the gift of a glimpse of Your unconditional love here on earth.

God, never let me forget, in the midst of turkey and pumpkin pie, and the feelings of being satisfied, that though in my writing life, I might be craving something, You know the right time to "feed me". Give me the right amount of nourishment, the perfect amount of sweetness and the right amount salt so I might taste the joy of succeeding, but also learn from the experience of failure.

It's a time for learning, Lord, and thank You for this time You have given me. Remind me, God, when I want to be jealous of another's success, that the time isn't right for me and I still need to learn.

Make me eager to learn and willing to give. Hopeful to understand and anxious to soak in the right criticism.

Give me encouragement for my fellow writers and a warm hug when the right words are not given to me.

Guide my friends, Jesus. Bless them today and tomorrow and into the future. That they will be looking upon You as the source of all their blessings.

Thank You for this day of remembering, of being thankful, of joy and love. And may each reader and writer here today be so blessed. May they see the gift in each moment they are given. No matter their situations.

Thank You for  this day and for being our Heavenly Father.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Photo Credit

5 comments:

patti.mallett_pp said...

This is lovely, and profound. And they all said, "Amen!"

Hutt-Write Voice said...

What an inspiring prayer! Thanks for sharing it!

Keli Gwyn said...

What a beautiful prayer, Casey.

Wishing all the Alley Cats and Alley Cat visitors in the U.S. a very happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen! That was a beautiful prayer! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Casey said...

And a happy thanksgiving to you all as well! :-))