Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So Thankful

We Alley Cats have gathered together
To Ask the Lord's Blessings

Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
Ordaining, maintaining His kingdom divine;
So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
Thou, Lord, wast at our side- all glory be Thine
2nd verse We Gather Together a Netherlands Folk Hymn

Angie

I am thankful for my husband! He has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone in so many parts of my life ... Which always seems to find me closer to God once I muster up the courage and listen. If it wasn't for my husband, I would never have joined ACFW, and I wouldn't have a clue what this is all about!


Casey

When I think “thanksgiving” (and I’m not really talking the holiday right now) several things immediately come to mind.

First is family. I really, honestly, truly could not do what I do without my family.
Second is my writing. I love to write. I feel blessed to be able to create every day. Don’t always LIKE to create everyday, but I wouldn’t live without it.
Third, my friends. Wow, what friends I have been blessed with. I almost cry to think about it.
Fourth (do I really have to number these, I better not), I couldn’t live this life without my Savior. The author of Thanks, the Giver of all of my blessing and the reason I smile everyday.


Cindy

I am thankful for my family. We had a new addition this year and she's been such a wonderful blessing, rounding out a family I can't say enough wonderful things about. God has been so faithful to us, and been the rock we needed to get through a challenging year.


Julia

I'm thankful for God's loving guidance through all circumstances.


Krista

I’m thankful for God’s steadfast love and strength regardless of our circumstances. I’m thankful to a family who gave my daughter life in their time of unimaginable sorrow. I’m thankful for a publishing house that took a chance on a fledging author like myself. I’m thankful for a family who loves me despite my narcotic ways and uncountable failings. I’m thankful for Alley Cats who stand by each other during thick and thin, good posts and “holy crap what do I write” posts, even when life gets the best of us. I’m just one blessed, thankful woman, what can I say!


Mary

I am thankful for words. God’s Word, my family’s words, my friend’s words, Alley Cat words, words that tell the Gospel, words that entertain, words that make me laugh, and words that encourage. Words that teach, and yeah, I guess words that correct. I’m thankful for words hiding in my heart waiting to be said—or kept secret. I am thankful that: In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word is God. Without words…


Pepper

God always dreams big for His kids - and this year, as in every year, I'm so thankful He calls me His kid. I'm overwhelmed by His great love in giving me my beautiful family and I can't express the joy in His callings on my life. It's been a very tough year because the Thanksgiving table will be missing quite a few in my family this year, but I'm thankful they've just moved up to God's table and are waiting for me to join them :-)

It's remarkable where God's brought this group of dreamers and believers known as the Alley Cats. You guys have been such a beautiful part of my year and I thank God for you all. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.



Sarah

I'm thankful that God always walks one step ahead of us and guides our path--both in writing and in life.


Sherrinda

I am thankful for the love of a godly man, a beautiful family who loves to laugh together, and for a new job with more pay and less stress. I am thankful for my friends, both online and offline, who encourage and urge me on in whatever I put my hand to. But I am most thankful for a God who gently leads and loving pushes me to do the hard thing, developing the character I need in order to be useful in His service.

Wendy

I'm thankful to be raising three remarkably individual girls—thankful for God entrusting me and my husband with them.

 I attached a pic it was our little getaway during the power outage storm (it was my sanity)!









Would you like to join us by sharing your thanksgiving?

**********************
Image by: Freedigitalphotos.net




This blog post by Mary Vee

Mary lives in Montana with her husband and loves to hear from her three college kids. She writes Christian young adult fiction (pirate tales, missionary and Bible adventure stories).
She thinks of writing as: Stepping into Someone Else's World.
To learn more about Mary, visit her blog http://www.mimaryvee.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Casey said...

I love this post, Mary! Thanks for putting it together. :)

Hutt-Write Voice said...

I too am grateful for the gift of writing and also blogging where I can share my stories/poems and connect with other bloggers. Nice post, Mary!

Pepper said...

Beautiful, Mary.

Thank you! :-)

Look what God has done

Pepper said...

Beautiful, Mary.

Thank you! :-)

Look what God has done

Keli Gwyn said...

I'm thankful that our daughter is doing so well and is actively involved in her church's college fellowship group, that my teacher hubby has a brand new classroom for the first time in his three decades of teaching, and that I've been blessed with many wonderful friends, including you amazing Alley Cats.

Beth K. Vogt said...

I am thankful that God offers us grace, not the burden of living under the Law.
And for family and friends ... and knowing that "God is always previous." He is already in what I consider the future.

Jeanne Takenaka said...

I loved reading this post. It's fun to get a glimpse of you Alley Cats.

I'm so thankful that God pours out His grace into my life, His patience with my failings, and His amazing love that fills the crevices in my heart.

He's given me a wonderful family, bringing children into our lives in His perfect ways. Thanking God for filling my life with richness. :)

Krista Phillips said...

HA HA HA HA HA

Ok, I do believe I typed, "narcotic" ways instead of "neurotic" ways.

Didn't know that about me, did ya all!?!?

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

First comment goes to Krista,
I so went back and checked your email 3 times and knew you meant neurotic but just had too--just HAD to leave it the way you typed it.
Glad you laughed.
Happy Thanksgiving, Krista

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Casey,
I had so much fun putting this post together. The best times are when friends work together. Thanks for all the friends who added to today's thanks in the comment section. We so appreciate you.

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Linda, I too appreciate reading other people's writings. Thanks so much for mentioning that, and for stopping by today. We enjoyed having you.

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Pepper,
Double thanks to you.:)
God has showered his blessings for sure.

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Keli,
I am thankful your family has blessings as well. Hopefully you will see them this holiday season. Blessings on you, so glad you were here today.

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Beth,
What insight. I heard this song today, Grace, Grace, marvelous Grace, coming down from the Father above...
So glad you stopped by today.

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Jeanne,
So thankful for you comment above, rich and from the heart. Thanks for stopping by today.