Thursday, September 22, 2011

LIVE FROM ACFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As promised, here we are live from ACFW. Mary, Pepper, and Casey are coming to you live from our hotel room (and here's a view from our hotel window).

So to help with info flow, Pepper will type in green. Mary will post in blue. And Casey will post in red.

So far the highlight of the trip for me is meeting my Alley Cats, Mary, Casey, and Angie - as well as a few quick waves to Sarah and Wendy. But also, I got to give a GREAT BIG HUG to Seeker extraordinairre, Mary Connealy.
I'm going to make sure I get a pic of me and RUTH LOGAN HERNE tomorrow - and did I mention that I'm determined to meet Liz CURTIS HIGGS!!! ;-)


It's been such a great intro and I can't wait to share more tomorrow!

Okay, before I get too crazy, I'll hand the reigns over to Mary. :-)

Scootch over, Pepper. 
There I was minding my own business,standing in a long line waiting to check in to the hotel when I turned to my right and saw PEPPER and CASEY...WAHOO.  They whisked me away from the line and up to our room.  Thanks, guys.  I have really enjoyed listening to Dave Long from Bethany House.  He has quite a sense of humor and kept us laughing.  I also enjoyed meeting Angie and her fab baby, Libby. Check out our pick.  So much information...and more to come tomorrow.  I totally can't wait.  More laughing, learning, and lessons.  Lovely.  And now................ Casey :)


Am I allowed to gush???? Alley Cats. Jaw dropping, "That's my favorite author!!!" moments and so much more, I can't believe I am sitting here in my hotel room on PEPPER'S computer with sweet Mary Vee right on the other bed. Awe. Can it get any better than this?? Well...yes GIRLS (and guys) WE MISS YOU!!!

Seekers and Seeker friends, it's been awesome! I have to include a pic with one of my FAVORITE AUTHORS Laura Frantz. The woman is beautiful inside and out. 


More pictures coming your way on SATURDAY!!!

7 comments:

Amber Holcomb said...

OK, slightly jealous here...!!! But mostly I'm just so happy for you all! :D Sounds like you're having a blast! Love the picture, Casey! I hope someday I get to meet Laura, too - such a sweet, sweet person! :D

And so excited that I'll get to see YOU again soon, Casey! Of course, I won't rush the days as I know you want to take your time and enjoy ACFW. ;) Can't wait to hear all about it!

~Amber

Julia M. Reffner said...

YAY!!! I LOVED SEEING THE PICS OF CASEY with LAURA!!! And all of you together!!! I'm living through the photos!! Casey, your grin is so big...I love seeing you there!!

Mary, I can just picture you minding your own business when those enthusiastic writer pals of ours whisked your off!! Can't wait to hear more!!! This is good motivation for me to "keep my rear in the seat and keep writing" so I can join y'all in Dallas. (I hope, I hope--Crossing fingers & toes, etc)

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Missing our other Alley Cats and friends of The Writers Alley. Looking forward to seeing you next year.

We'll have more pictures later!! :-)

Mary, Pepper, & Casey

Krista Phillips said...

OH this was such a fun post... and totally makes me GRASS GREEN with envy!!!!!!!! Can't WAIT to see more pics and hear more happenings!!!!!

Joanne Sher said...

WISH I were there. Have a WONDERFUL time! Looking forward to more pix!!

Jeanne Takenaka said...

I can almost hear the bustling crowds in the background, and the joy of your enthusiasm at being there! Sounds like such fun! Hope to see you all in Dallas next year. :)

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I've been so busy today and missed this....waaaay cool. Trying not to be green, but I'm soooo excited for you gals!