Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Tipful Tuesday: Charlotte Bronte


Life is bulldozing its way across my timeline and I am clutching my knees trying to gather some breath. What in the world am I thinking--trying to squeeze writing time into my real time of pouring into a family? How can I be so selfish?

What I have come to find though, is that it's not a selfish act at all. It's a sure way to sort out myself. It's an outpour of my heart, mangled as it might be with hammered-in expectations, missteps, and questions, and doubts. Especially because of my life's craze, writing is inevitable. When my shoulders are heavy with the stuff of living, my words just pour out as a sure way of peace to my soul. I don't write because I always want to. I write because I need to. I write because I cannot help it. Thank you to my favorite author, Ms. Bronte, for giving me words for my word lifestyle.

Have you ever felt like writing was the only sure next step, even amidst the busyness?

Join us every Tuesday at www.facebook.com/thewritersalleyblog for #TipfulTuesday

###
Angie Dicken credits her love of story to reading British literature during life as a military kid in Cambridgeshire, England. Now living in the U.S., she's an ACFW member, a blog contributor to the Writer's Alley, a baseball mom, and a self-proclaimed foodie. Two of her historical romance novels comprise her Fall 2017 debut: The Outlaws Second Chance, Love Inspired Historical, and My Heart Belongs in Castle Gate, Utah, Barbour. 

Connect with Angie at www.angiedicken.com

2 comments:

kaybee said...

Angie, good for you. I'm semi-retired and still have interruptions up the wazoo until I can't even see the wazoo any more. Can't imagine doing this with a young family. I set a writing schedule for the New Year and was then bombarded with, well, everything, from car trouble to illness to frozen pipes. I agree with you and Charlotte. I HAVE to do this. And God will provide the time.
Kathy Bailey

Angie Dicken said...

Sorry I am just now seeing this! I am sorry about all the troubles, but the "have to" usually means that writing time is inevitable. It's hard to be patient, but it's always worth the wait!