Thursday, December 10, 2015

'Tis the Season -- Holiday Books at their Finest!


I never really noticed a lot of "Christmas" books in past years. I've seen them before, yes, but this year, everywhere I turn there seems to be a Christmas book coming out!

It MIGHT be because my OWN first Christmas book means I'm paying more attention, but that's only a wild theory :-)

I thought I'd highlight some of the ones I'm seeing that look REALLY good and are definitely on my to-do list.

 

   

(uh, those last two were a little self-serving...I know!)

WRITING a holiday themed book was interesting. I had to get in the "Christmas" spirit in July, which was kinda funny since the hook of my book revolves around the heroine celebrating Christmas 365 days a year! It was, for me, a bit easier too, because part of the "theme" of the is pre-decided -- It's CHRISTMAS!

So what about you? Have you ever thought of writing a holiday themed book? Do you enjoy READING holiday themed books? Have your read any of the above books yet?? Any other christmas-themes novels/novellas you'd recommend?!?

I dunno, I'm just in the mood to chat CHRISTMAS today, so fa-la-la-la-la and ho-ho-ho!! 

*************************************************
Krista is a follower of Jesus, a wife, a mother, and author of Sandwich, With a Side of Romance, A Side of Faith and A Side of Hope. AND nnow the author of A (kinda) Country Christmas! She blogs about finding JOY in the journey of LIFE at http://www.kristaphillips.com. She is represented by Sarah Freese of Wordserve Literary.


9 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

I would love to write a Christmas picture book. I just have to hit on just the right idea! I have never read a Christmas themed novel before. Maybe I should change that!

Krista Phillips said...

Rebecca, you should definitely change that!! It's like a cozy Hallmark movie but much, much better!! Reading Christmas books is going to be a new tradition of mine, I think!!!

And A Christmas picture book sounds fun!!

Sharon said...

My Christmas collection of books will now include these. Thank you, Krista! Each year I add more and what a delight yours and Cynthia's will add!

Unknown said...

Thanks bunches for including One Enchanted Christmas, Krista! So, I actually wrote that thing in October and July (yes, it was a totally last minute project...a whim!) so it wasn't nearly as hard to get into the Christmas spirit as it must've been in July. Excited to read yours! I hope to set aside a weekend soon to indulge in a bunch of Christmas stories. :D

p.s. To answer your question, there's a Christmas story by Susan May Warren I looooove...the Great Christmas Bowl. SO GOOD!

Unknown said...

*Oops that was supposed to say October and November. LOL!

Becky Wade said...

Thank you for including The Proposal in your list, Krista! The cover of your Christmas story is wonderful. :) All the best with it!

Like you, I had to get in the Christmas spirit during the summertime in order to write my story. I was wearing tank tops and shorts and flip flops and writing about cold temperatures, Christmas cookies, and firefighters singing jingle bells. In order to get in the right frame of mind, I read Christmas short stories and novellas written by friends of mine last year.

Merry Christmas to everyone at the Writer's Alley!

Krista Phillips said...

Sharon, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy them!!

Krista Phillips said...

Melissa, I'm excited to read yours too!!! I'm taking "off" the week of christmas and hanging with my kiddos and plan to do lots of Christmas reading that week!!! Ohhh, and I've seen Susie's book but haven't read it yet, I need to rectify it!

Krista Phillips said...

Thanks, Becky!! I read a few Christmas stories too, but also set Pandora to the Country Christmas radio while I wrote, LOL