Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Writer's Alley Weekend Round Up

Photo by Greyerbaby @ pixabay.com
Are you ready for some football???? So you are either in two camps today, the day before the Super Bowl. You are either shopping for your Super Bowl Party food or you are browsing your stack of unread books and un-watched DVD's. I tend to be the latter, but I'm married to someone who is either having a party or dragging me to one. I usually visit with the ladies, then stop to watch some commercials. I do know I will be glad when it is over. ;)

We have a great line up for you this week, so be sure to stop by for some fabulous Alley wisdom.

The Alley Weekly Line Up

Monday - We have Alley Pay, Andrew Swearingen, sharing a post entitled, "Four Things Football Taught Me About Pitching A Novel". I'd say that is quite appropriate after the big Super Bowl game, wouldn't you say?

Tuesday - Laurie is hosting author Carla Laureano today.

Wednesday - Mary is bringing her Character Personality Class #3 today: Composed and Sensitive. You don't want to miss this class. Mary is a superb teacher!

Thursday - With the whole 50 Shades of Grey movie coming out, Krista is taking on boundaries...or lack thereof...in your writing. How far is too far when it comes writing in CBA or ABA? Knowing Krista, she will have you glued to the screen with her scintillating post.

Friday - Paula Moldenhaur is our guest today. She is an author and speaker and you will be encouraged by what she has to share.

Alley Cat News

Laurie Tomlinson will be a guest at Seekerville on Tuesday, February 3. Stop by and give her a shout out.

The Awesome Link Round Up

7 Tools to Help You Write a Novel (- Free eBook) (The Write Practice)

Corrections Are Good: How to Take Critique Like a Dancer (Writer unBoxed)

How to Write Faster: The Brainwave Blueprint (Write to Done)

Indie Authors Quitting Their Day Jobs-2015 (The Passive Voice)

The Perils of Purple Prove (Live Write Thrive)

Top 50 Writing Blogs for 2015 (Positive Writer)

2 comments:

kaybee said...

Sounds like a good lineup, I'm esp. interested in Wed. and Thurs. My character Caroline in "Trail" is composed and sensitive, which of course wreaks havoc with her on the Oregon Trail. The hero Michael is, well, a composite of Mary's last two posts, so the sparks fly. I'm also interested in the boundaries post, as I've been advised at least once to change a prostitute to a "saloon girl" (BO-RING), and I'm flirting with the idea of an interracial romance to close out my other series, if I ever get there. I'm fascinated by the Harlem Renaissance. Too many books, too little time.
Kathy Bailey

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Kaybee, your characters must be quite fun to write! I love it when opposites attract and sparks fly. :) Mary Vee's posts on Character Building are fabulous! And Krista...well, she is so funny, I'm sure her post on boundaries will be awesome! Thanks for stopping by!