Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Chocolate Cafe with Cara Putman

Each time I learn something new about Cara Putman I am in awe! She's kind of like superwoman, with her myriad of things she juggles while also going to school, homeschooling, AND writing novels! It's amazing!

And her special appearance today comes at a perfect time. Her newest book, Shadowed of Grace, releases on January 1 (and I can't WAIT to read it). You can learn more about this amazing historical at her website at www.caraputman.com - or just go ahead and order it at http://www.amazon.com/Shadowed-Grace-Story-Monuments-Men-ebook/dp/B00H4EIL88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388235890&sr=8-1&keywords=shadowed+by+grace - the Kindle price is only 2.99!!!

Okay, okay, so let's see who Cara has as her most memorable character.

I love Rachel Justice (from Shadowed by Grace) because she is a woman who takes a huge risk to protect someone she loves and do something she believes is important. She finds herself in Italy as a war photojournalist because she is desperate to save her mother who is dying from tuberculosis. The search takes many twists, but she does all she can out of deep love for her mother.

I love this character already. I ordered Shadowed by Grace today and can't wait to meet Rachel!! So writers, how do you make your character take risks? Readers, do you have an example of a good book you've read where the main character must take risks for the ones she loves?

I'm going to leave you with a quote from one 'risk-taker' like Rachel.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - Helen Keller

9 comments:

Cara Putman said...

Thanks for having me, Pepper and writers alley team. Love y'all!

Amy Leigh Simpson said...

Can't wait to read it, Cara! Thanks for joining us on the Alley!

Texascece said...

Can't wait to read!!!

Unknown said...

I'm reading it right now and loving it--and Rachel!

And that's one of my favorite quotes. :)

Casey said...

This book is so good, I can't wait for readers to discover like I have! Cara is at her BEST when she's writing WWII stories. So glad to have you here on the Alley!! :)

Pepper said...

Cara,
It's always a pleasure to chat with you (and brag about you too :-)

I was tickled to purchase your book this morning. SO excited!! I love the story of the Monuments Men!!

Pepper said...

Rachelle,
that quote means so much more knowing who the author of it is, doesn't it?

Cara Putman said...

Rachelle, I'm so glad you're enjoying it! That's real encouragement for an author. :-)

Casey, you are sweet. and I appreciate your feedback on the draft!

Pepper, I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying your WWI story :-)

Pepper said...

Cara,
Don't tease me!
I'm still pretty nervous that my book is in your hands!