Saturday, November 17, 2012

What's Up the Street for Next Week?

Photo credit
It's turkey week!

And it's my favorite holiday of the year.

Thanksgiving always puts me in a mood for cheer and good will, happiness and thanksgiving. And not to be cliche, but I am generally more thankful during this month, being reminded of all that God has given me.

Wonderful family.

Amazing friends.

And the ability to praise God without reservation.

It's not so much about the food (though let's not complain, I mean it's the one time of year I get pecan pie once a year. ;-) it's about the family and home of being together.

Sigh. I just love it.

What's your favorite part of the holiday?

Coming up next week... (yes, even on Thanksgiving)

What's the soundtrack to your novel? I love Country love songs. What about you? Pepper goes to the musical side of your brain on Monday.

Sherrinda is ALL about editing on Tuesday.

Unusual things to be thankful for with Mary on Wednesday, this Thanksgiving eve. What are you most thankful for as a writer?

Have you learned the value of the desk drawer? I promise this will all make sense on Thursday with Krista.  (if you can tear yourself away from that pumpkin pie long enough to read, don't worry it will always be in the archives for later viewing)

Lindsay Harrel is our AWESOME guest on Friday with tips she learned from a recent Susan May Warren retreat. (try not to be jealous...yeah, really ;-))

Word on the street...

Ginger is the winner of Beth Vogt's Wish You Were Here from Ashley's post on Thursday!

Mary and Cindy are FINALISTS in the Phoenix Rattler Writing Contest!!!

Toss out your congrats to them and Alley friend Jeane T. who ALSO finaled in a contest this week!!

Woo-hoo!! : D


Photo credit

9 comments:

Jill Weatherholt said...

Congratulations to Cindy and Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne Sher said...

Congrats, Cindy, Mary and Jeane! And I'm TOTALLY intrigued by Thursday's topic. I WILL tear myself away.

LOVE Thanksgiving as well. Have a great day!

Pepper said...

so very very happy for my Alley Cats AND for JEANNE!! WOOHOOO! What a great day.
Jeanne- what category?

Susan Anne Mason said...

Happy weekend and congrats to Mary, Cindy and Jeane! Great way to start the Thanksgiving week!

Keli Gwyn said...

Congratulations, Cindy, Mary and Jeane! Wishing you all the best in the final round.

I'm intrigued by Krista's post and will be back to see what it's all about.

Lindsay Harrel said...

Congrats to all the contest finalists! Can't wait to hang out here on Friday. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mary and Cindy!! Would you believe I also finaled in the Rattler? Still in shock over that one. :)

Pepper--in the Launching a Star, I finaled in the inspirational category. In the Rattler, I finaled in the Women's Fiction.

You ladies are the best over here. I look forward to this week with you.

Lindsay! Can't wait to hear about the retreat!!!

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Congrats to Cindy my fellow Alley Cat, and Jeanne, and Lindsay. Wow. This is so much fun.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Looks like a great week coming up. Congrats Jeanne and Mary!!! How fun to celebrate with Alley Cats and friends.