Saturday, May 26, 2012

What's Up the Street for Next Week?

I'd love a show of hands. How many of you belong to a book club?

Today marks the day of my very first Book Club meeting. It's the ignargual meeting and we've got a great book: The Ride of Her Life by Lorna Seilstad.

I've got the location.

The book.

The discussion questions.

And the people invited.

What else do I need? I've got the stash of books to see which one people would like to talk about next month. But it's my first face-to-face book club meeting....ever. 

Any suggestions for me? I'd LOVE to hear them.

And while we're chatting, how about we learn about Next Week where we figure out a few more steps towards making our WIPS worthy of a book club discussion. :-)

*~*~*~*~*


Angie tackles POV first thing Monday morning.

I hope you plan to attend ACFW and meet our lovely Julia! She'll be blogging here on Tuesday.

Aussie Karen will be our hostess on Wednesday continuing her series on dramatic tension.

It's the first draft. What are you most focused on? Ashley has spot-on suggestions for you on Thursday.


Cindy has 5 fool proof tips for endearing your reader to the story on Friday. We're holding her to that. ;-)

Side walk Talk...


The winner of the surprise book pack from last weekend's edition is...Heather!

The winner of Katie Ganshert's Wildflowers from Winter is...Joanne Sher!


Have a great weekend everyone and see you all back here on Monday!

5 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Congratulations to the winners!

And I have never belonged to a book club, so I have absolutely no advice whatsoever. It sounds like a load of fun though! Did you start it?

Casey said...

I did! I wanted a Christian fiction club, so I started one. Have another gal helping me out who is just as excited. I'm eager, hope it's fun!!

Joanne Sher said...

Have NEVER been in a book club - but really like the idea :) One of these days!

And SO excited to win. :D :D :D

Pam K. said...

I've been attending a local Christian book club for several years. We meet monthly but have to be flexible about the day because individual schedules change. This morning we met at 9:30 at the home of one of our members. As is usual when we meet in the morning, we all took food and had brunch together while we discussed the book. Sometimes when we meet in the evening, we'll skip the food or just keep it at one dessert. We've even had a few meetings with no food. We've taken turns hosting in our homes, met at various coffee shops, and in our church library. We usually read and discuss Christian fiction but about once a year, we'll read a Christian nonfiction. We also try to read a classic once a year. We have also met with several authors, either here or we go to meet them (usually only an hour or so away). These "field trip" times are some of my favorite memories. For instance, if you look on Deborah Vogt's website, on the right side she has a photo of her taken with my book club. We had a very enjoyable lunch with her.
I hope you have lots of fun with your book club!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.