Thursday, January 12, 2012

So Long, Farewell…



I could start singing as I imitate Fraulein Maria in the scene where she’s swinging her luggage, then I could break out into a squeaky rendition of “I have confidence in me.” But I won’t.


No, I wouldn’t do that to you. Have you heard me sing?


But I am leading up to something. I am saying good-bye. It’s time to leave the Alley. Alley, not Abbey. I stopped referring to The Sound of Music way up there.


But now I’m going to refer to it again. I’ve loved the support I've felt at the Abbey, er, um, I mean Alley. I’ve enjoyed connecting with fellow authors here, but for the past few months I kept hearing a whisper. (It’s okay, no cause for alarm. We are writers; we can say this without needing to be carted off to the funny farm. Our characters “talk” to us all the time. Don’t yours? Bueller?)


Anyway, the nudge I continued to feel was that I need to let go of some commitments. Instead of Maria facing her fears as a governess, I need to face my fears and go this blogging road alone for now. However, I’m still deeply invested in moving thoughts on my blog.


So wish me well. I’ll miss writing here. And please, if you decide to follow my journey, no frogs on my chair. Those are not one of my favorite things.


So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu…to you all!


*photo from Flickr

13 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Or I guess it was a pine cone she sat on, wasn't it? No frogs in my bed or pine cones in my chairs. Got it? :D

Joanne Sher said...

Soo glad you're following GOd's leading - but will SO miss you here, Wendy! Praying!

Sarah Forgrave said...

I'm expecting a marionette show next, Wendy. ;) I'll miss seeing you around here, but we'll never be strangers, right? :)

Casey said...

Sure will miss your trademark sense of humor, Wendy! I look forward to the day we can celebrate in your success and to seeing you again in person at the conference. :)

Lacie Nezbeth said...

I know how you feel about cutting commitments. It's important to prioritize. Good luck with all you're doing!

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

I agree with Casey, we'll still see you at a conference, right? God's blessing on your endeavors.

Jeanne Takenaka said...

I'll be singing "So Long, Farewell" for the rest of the day now. :) I'll miss reading you here, Wendy. I've learned a lot from you. May the Lord bless all that you put your hand to! And, maybe I'll get to stop by your blog from time to time (I do, very occasionally right now). Thanks for sharing of yourself here. :) You'll be missed!

Krista Phillips said...

It is not farewell but until we meet again:-) We'll miss you here though!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

We'll miss you, Wendy! Excited to see what the future holds, though :)

Angie Dicken said...

Will miss you a bunch!! Glad to get to know you here...can't wait to see you at conference again! ;)

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Thanks all! I sure felt welcome here. Never felt like anyone was singing, "How do we solve a problem like that Wendy?"

How do we make her stay and listen to all we say...etc.

That would be like...like trying to catch a cloud and pin it down.

Love,
the flibberti gibbet

Pepper said...

Many blessings to you, Wendy
It will be such a joy to watch what God does with your writing - and be able to celebrate with you along the way.

Thank you for enriching The Alley with your kindess, knowledge, and humor.

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I'm sorry that I am late! I haven't been around the internet much the past few days, but have been spending time with my family. (My daughter is going back to college tomorrow and I've been selfish with my time with her!)

I have to say that I agree with Krista. It is not farewell! It is I'll see ya around soon! :)

Love you and pray God's best for you!