Thursday, December 15, 2011

Twelve Ways of this Business

If you’ve been running a mile a minute like I have, then you likely feel this way…we need a little humor right this very minute.


I’m here to deliver. (Here’s to hoping this gets a laugh out of you.)


The Twelve Ways of this Business


On the first day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

partridge (partial title of one of my novels) in a contract…wee! (Just playin’. No big announcements to share.)


On the second day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

new platform love & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the third day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the fourth day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the fifth day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the sixth day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

six tweets-a-sayin’, five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the seventh day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

seven mochas brewing, six tweets-a-sayin’, five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the eighth day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

eight pencils breaking, seven mochas brewing, six tweets-a-sayin’, five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the ninth day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

nine chapters prancing, eight pencils breaking, seven mochas brewing, tweets-a-sayin’, five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the tenth day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

ten verbs-a-sleepin’, nine chapters prancing, eight pencils breaking, seven mochas brewing, six tweets-a-sayin’, five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the eleventh day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

eleven editors Skyping, ten verbs-a-sleepin’, nine chapters prancing, eight pencils breaking, seven mochas brewing, six tweets-a-sayin’, five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love, & partridge in a contract…wee!


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my agent gave to me…

twelve bloggers blogging, eleven editors Skyping, ten verbs-a-sleepin’, nine chapters prancing, eight pencils breaking, seven mochas brewing, six tweets-a-sayin’, five cell phone rings, four stalling words, three agency friends, new platform love & partridge in a contract…wee!

Merry Merry!
And to all a good night!

*photo from Flickr


*********************************************************************************************


Wendy Paine Miller writes women’s fiction, crafting stories with the hope of poking brains and moving thoughts. She graduated with a BA in English from Wittenberg University, where she earned an Honor of Distinction for her accrued knowledge of literature. Wendy feels most alive when she’s speeding in a boat, reading, writing, refurbishing furniture, running, and trusting God. To interact with her, visit http://thoughtsthatmove.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Casey said...

Hahaha!! You had me going on that first one. ;-)

Jeanne Takenaka said...

So fun, Wendy. :) Loved this! Yes, it got some laughs.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

You made me smile, Wendy! And yes, I think we all need a little more humor right now :)

Wendy Paine Miller said...

Casey, Fun to fool you, if only for a bit.

Jeanne, Glad it got you laughing.

Cindy, Wow, laughter helps me through this madness big time.

Thanks for swinging by and getting my humor. I had fun with it.
~ Wendy

Sarah Forgrave said...

So fun, Wendy! This was just what my fried brain needed today. ;)

Keli Gwyn said...

Very clever, Wendy! I happen to think, though, that if a writer were awaiting The Call she wouldn't make it past one or two cell phone rings. =)

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

It has been SUCH a stressful week for me Wendy I just read you very fun post (it's Friday). Thank you, thank you, thank you.