Saturday, November 20, 2010

What's Up The Street For Next Week?

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? Shopping list prepared? Maybe some food stuffs already purchased? The meal planned and friends and family invited?

It is just around the corner and is my favorite holiday. Not just the yummy food, but the closeness of family and the joy of sharing a day what we are thankful.

Life may have struggles and times when we wish we were anywhere else, and we can forget the good things God has in store all around us. Let's not dwell so much on the negative this week as the positives that God has overflowed in our hearts and lives. So, what are you thankful for?

I am thankful for another week at the Alley and the wonderful people that make this such a wonderful place. :-)

Monday: Gather around the table with your characters (and Pepper!). Love, laughter all over a turkey dinner, I wonder just what is in store. With Pepper at the helm, you are sure to get a laugh or two. ;-)

Tuesday: NaNo, NaNo, have you heard the chants on the 'net? Sherrinda is right in the thick of it and hopefully will have a few spare minutes to squeeze her post in. :-)

Wednesday: What is a writer most thankful for? Being that it is Thanksgiving week, it only seems right that such would be the theme. Mary shares what a writer can be most thankful for. Maybe you'll find something you weren't thankful for before.

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving! Casey will share Thanksgiving with you with a short post in honor of "turkey day"

Friday: Black Friday. Has an ominous ring doesn't it? Krista will make sure you are all ready for your wishlist and shopping watch with a list of a writer's most wished for items.

NewsStand
And the winners of last week's blog party are... While We're Far Apart...Jholden!!

And for Lassoed in Texas....Charlotte Kay!

Sarah on Every Woman's Journey continues her series on time saving tips while doing your holiday shopping.

Mary welcomes Chris Fabry to her blog  Monday and Tuesday to share a special Thanksgiving story with his son. Don't miss it!

Casey will be hosting Ava Pennington on Operation Encourage an Author

And tomorrow is Casey's blogoversary BLOWOUT! Prizes galore, and it ONLY lasts on Sunday. Winners announced later that night, so don't delay and save the page!

11 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Ooooo, I love the sparkly turkey! Way cool.

I'm so glad Thanksgiving is here. It's going to be a first for me...at my house, with just my family. I get to BE IN CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper said...

It's been a super-busy week, Alley Cats. I'm so glad to get to stop in. My goal tonight is to catch up on all the fun I missed Thursday and Friday.

But first....
Does anyone know where I can find a self-cleaning house? Gee, I'd be satisfied with a sock-self-sorter.
I just took the large basket full of white socks into the living room and dumped them on the floor in front of my children.
They were thrilled.

I'm thankful for my Alley Cats. You guys are awesome!!
God has blessed me with a beautiful family. I am so thankful for them.
And this week, I'm especially thankful for Saturdays!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm delicious! I'm thanksful for my lovely blogging friends. Happy Thanksgiving :O)

Casey said...

Sherrinda, sounds like a great excitement for you! Hope the meal is super delicious! :)

Pepper, don't we ALL?? I would love a self cleaning house so if you find the time to put a paten on it, let me know, okay?

Madeleine, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you too!!! We are thankful for you too. :)

Julia M. Reffner said...

Cute turkey!!

I have so much to be thankful for...my Jesus and my family always top that list.

This year I'm thankful to be making new memories with my kids as we started homeschooling. Also, thankful for the writing/blogging journey the Lord has led me on since March of this year and all the wonderful people I've met online in particular.

In fact, today I'm off to meet two bloggers, Joy (Edgy Inspy Romance) and Ruth Logan Herne.

Casey said...

Really Julia, in person?? How exciting! You'll have to fill us all in. :)

Amber Holcomb said...

I agree--the sparkly turkey is great! :)

And I'm curious, too, Julia--are you going to meet Joy and Ruth in person?! That's awesome!!!

Casey--hopefully we'll get to meet soon! ;)

I'm thankful that I get to spend Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family in Texas! :D

~Amber

Julia M. Reffner said...

Casey & Amber,

Yes! Joy lives about 2 hours away and she's making the trip to meet me at Panera's and we are going to a signing for Ruth about 10 minutes from my house :)

Should be a good time :)

Julia M. Reffner said...

And I definitely think you two should meet...I'll bet you would hit it off great IRL. :)

Amber Holcomb said...

Sounds really fun! :D Be sure and take pictures!!!

~Amber

Casey said...

I agree with Amber! Sounds like great fodder for a blog post. :)