Friday, February 24, 2017

FUN FRIDAY -- With the Love at First Laugh Crew!

What a fun week we've had here on the Alley!

Ashley chatted about The Writing Rush Hour -- encouraging us to take a breathe and slow down a bit.

Then Pepper kicked of a series she's doing about character arc--which she is SO GOOD at!!

And TODAY I have the excited honor of hosting the women of Love at First Laugh!

http://amzn.to/2ld7ZcBAbout a year ago, God planted this dream in my heart--to step out of my comfort zone and try to start a box set focusing on "funny" romances aka romantic comedy. There were LOTS of box sets out there--contemporary romance, historical romance, suspense, etc. But I hadn't seen any in the Christian realm that focused on romance with a comedic flair.

I was chatting with fellow author Heather Gray about the matter, and she got excited about it!! IMAGINE THAT!! So together, we prayed about it and put out feelers and God brought us a FANTASTIC team of authors.

Since the set is now on preorder and releases March 6th, I thought I'd take today to do a FUN interview of my fellow Love at First Laugh authors --- and TWO of them are fellow alleycats!!!

FAVORITE romantic comedy book
Pepper: "Oh goodness!! AHHH!! Okay....Miss Invisible by Laura Jensen Walker"
FAVORITE Romantic comedy movie
Marion: "My Best Friend's Wedding"

FAVORITE Valentine's Day gift you've received
Laurie: "My husband and I started dating ten years ago this Valentine's Day. I was in a chemistry lab until late, but I knew he was the man for me when a Chewbacca holding roses popped up in my email. I have never felt more known and loved by someone who was "wooing" me."

FAVORITE writing how-to book
Jessica: "Make a Scene by Jordan Rosenfeld"

Romantic hotel room overlooking the ocean -- or secluded romantic cabin in the mountains?
Heather: "Summer? Give me the ocean! Winter? Secluded cabin in the mountains - definitely!"

FAVORITE writing spot!
Elizabeth: "Wherever my five year old can't climb all over me and pepper me with questions about what I'm doing and why. This usually ends up being the dining room table."

Would you rather -- receive flowers or chocolates?
Christina: "Flowers over chocolate, mainly because other people in my house consume chocolate and I'm left with nothing. "

Most memorable date!
Laurie: "My husband and I went to San Francisco, and after exploring the city and eating at these famous restaurants, we stayed in a beach house in this cute little town called Stinson Beach. We listened to music as we made lemon spaghetti with all the doors and windows open. And that glorious simplicity was more memorable than the acclaim and bright lights of the city 🙂"

Best piece of writing advice you've ever received 
Pepper: "Write....and remember the reason you love writing in the first place:-)"

FUNNIEST joke you know 
Christina: "When I was a kid I was in the hospital a lot and spent a good deal of time in the blood drawing room. They had a cartoon on the wall of two mosquitoes. One was blown up like a balloon, and his friend said, "Pull out! You hit an artery." I thought that was hilarious at the time, but in retrospect it was all I had to look at besides medical posters. And I was ten."

How did you meet your spouse? 
Marion: "Our parents were church friends, and I used to play in his tree house when we were about ten. Our first date, I asked him out (as he thought I was out of his league so wouldn't), and then I promptly fell into a mountain stream and spent the rest of the date freezing and wet. He did warm me up later LOL."

MOST embarrassing moment 
Jessica: "My most embarrassing moment was that one time I sort of cheated on my husband...in church...during service...(longer version of the story here!)" (Krista: You are in for a real treat... I seriously have tears rolling down my eyes reading this!!)

When did you fall in love for the first time? 
Elizabeth: "I dated the same boy for two years in high school and at the time, I would totally have said we were in love. After falling in love with the man who is now my husband, I can look back and see that high school romance for the vague shadow of real love that it is, but...it's probably still the most honest answer."

Why should people read Love at First Laugh? 
Heather: "I'm biased, of course, but when a group of authors come together and work corporately to create something that honors God and encourages His people, it's worth the read. The bonus here is that there's romance and laughter involved, too - both things I like."

Let's Chat!

Feel free to take any of the questions above and YOU answer them in the comments today! I'd love to hear YOUR answers!! (or ask any more questions and one of us from the set will be happy to answer!)

And be sure to check out Love at First Laugh releasing in March!!!

6 comments:

Melanie D. Snitker said...

What a fun interview! This boxed set looks so good - and it comes out the day after my birthday. I think I may have to buy myself a copy of it! :-D

Laurie Tomlinson said...

LOL at Jessica's most embarrassing moment! Love all these answers!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Jessica Patch, that "affair" needs to live in one of your books.....

Krista Phillips said...

Melanie, I think it would make a GREAT birthday present to yourself! LOL

And all - I seriously sat at my desk with tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks as I read that when I was prepping this blog.

Glynis said...

Great interview! Love that story of Jessica's...life is so funny and we should find those things that make us smile every day. So much negativity around right now, I'm really up for reading about sweetness, faith and joy. Can't wait to get these novellas!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Oh my! You gals are crazy. LOVE it! (and I pre-ordered my boxed set!) Yay!