Monday, July 18, 2016

AlleyCat Chat: Let's Hear From YOU!

The Writer’s Alley popped into cyberspace over five years ago and one of our main purposes has been to encourage new (and even experienced) authors along the writing journey. Our tagline truly speaks our heart here at The Alley: Where Friends and Stories Meet. We LOVE talking about stories and making new friends.

We also love to HEAR from our readers.

As the Alleycats plan for a new year, we want to hear from you. Please share a few things for us by answering these questions.

1.       What are some of the posts/information you’ve appreciated most from The Writer’s Alley?

2.      

What topics have we shared that you’d like to see covered in more detail?

3.       What topics have we not discussed that you’d like to read about?

4.       If you have a few top posts from TWA, would you share them in the comments below?

5.       Of the following topics, which two do you prefer in our blog posts:
a.       Marketing strategies
b.      Devotionals
c.       Personal writing stories
d.      Character development/writing posts
e.      Story creation/crafting posts
f.        Interviews/Guest posts
g.       Character interviews
h.      Publishing techniques/information (e-books vs print, different houses)
i.         Conference-ready posts (pitching, one-sheets, blurbs, etc)
j.        Other (please specify in the comments)

We blog for YOU so we want to hear from YOU!! As we move ahead to make TWA a helpful, encouraging, and functional site, the best way to make plans is to get the audience involved in the process. How can TWA serve you better?

And be on the watch from some exciting news in the upcoming weeks about changes happening here at The Alley!


Where Friends and Stories Meet.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

I personally struggle the most with figuring out marketing strategies and becoming conference-ready! Maybe everyone else has become whizzes from some other school that I didn't attend, but this is the area that I'm most interested in!

Also, personal writing stories are always fun and easy to relate to.

I'm excited to follow along with your website as the year unfolds! Happy planning!

Teresa Tysinger said...

First of all, this seems the perfect time to tell you all how much I love TWA! Some of my favorite posts include Angie's "The Backpacker's Guide To A Writer's Conference"; Amy's "Small Beginnings" (so encouraging!); and Ashley's "Let's Talk Rejection." I really appreciate the posts that help me realize I'm not alone on this journey. The instructional posts are awesome, too, but I'm very relational in nature, so these personal posts are great.

As far as what I'd like to see more of, I'd love to read about publishing techniques (especially insight on different houses and trends), as well as posts on craft.

I keep TWA on tap for back-reading when I can't read every day...so rest assured I'm a faithful reader who doesn't plan on going anywhere. I'm sure whatever a new season of blogging brings, you all will nail it!

Robin E. Mason said...

your personal stories is my favorite, after that it's hard to choose just one for a second choice

Jeanne Takenaka said...

You all are such encourages! I haven't been able to stop by nearly as often as I'd like...life has been happening.:) You all have been such an encouragement for me as I have walked my writing journey, and you've taught me a lot.

My favorite posts have been the ones where you've shared the ups and downs of your writing journeys. Also, the marketing posts. It seems like we're supposed to stay on top of all of it, and I love reading ways to manage, prioritize and take those shortcuts, when they come. :)

Your writing posts have also been great. :) If I get time later, I'll come back and share some of my favorite posts.

Pepper Basham said...

Barbara and Teresa,
I'm hearing theme through these comments.
Marketing!!
Whew...I'd like to get myself a magic wand for that one! :-)
If there are a few things we can give you, it's personal stories, encouragement, and some tips as we try to navigate our own learning curves in this writing world :-)

Pepper Basham said...

Thanks, Robin!
Isn't it nice to know we're not alone on this journey?!?

Pepper Basham said...

Jeanne,
Talk about encourager! You are tops! I'm so glad we've been able to mutually encourage each other along the way. What a wonderful example of a broader writing team :-)
We may not all be on the same page, but we're all in the same Story :-)

Amy Leigh Simpson said...

Thank each of you so much! We love walking this journey with you and hope to keep providing content that encourages and inspires you to keep writing and dreaming. So blessed to have you here!

Barb H said...

Hi Cats!
I echo a few above, I'd love to hear some marketing strategies. Being an Indie is fun but I struggle with getting my work seen.
I love personal stories, writing tips, etc.
Be blessed!
Barbara

Angie Dicken said...

Ooh, this is such great feedback! Thanks to all our Alley Pals. We have so much fun getting to know you and hearing your own stories as you comment. Great post, Pep!

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

I agree,this is great feedback. Thanks so very much!

Looking forward to spending time with you all, and like Angie says, hearing your stories as well.