Saturday, May 30, 2015

Summer Fun: Kicking it off with Kitten Announcements and More!

I don't know about you all, but around here, summer doesn't just mean hot lazy days! Nope, summer in the Midwest doesn't guarantee "hot", and with four kids in the mix...it doesn't mean lazy, either! I feel like I have been a short-order cook, activities director, and policeman with a growing pile of laundry mocking me as I go! And its only been three days since school ended!

BUT, this year I have really embraced summer as it REALLY is with kids, funky weather, and chaos. No high expectations, just "being"...and that is the best way to take it!

In other news,  all of us Alley Cats have had growing expectations which have most undoubtedly been met... the newest Alley Kittens have arrived!!

First, Laurie and her family welcomed sweet Callan Parker in March! He is such a cutie. We were so
excited to shower him in gifts...even from a distance!

Second, after a fabulous surprise baby shower/ Alley Cat retreat for new mama cat, Ashley, she and Matt welcomed Nathanael Matthew in May! She has kept us all updated on how new-mommydom has been...and it is FULL to the brim of Love and Life!


Celebration is what we Cats do best...so join us for a summer of posts and announcements...who knows what might just be around the corner?? A contest win, giveaways, a contract...or another Kitten??? ;) And no, I am not hinting at anything...just suggesting!

Speaking of celebration, I want to let LINDA MORGAN know she won the James Scott Bell book that I gave away on May 18! Be sure to email us with your address and I will get that to you! YEAH!

AND....If you haven't heard... Pepper has a new baby too....her debut novel, The Thornbearer! Be sure to get it! SUCH a great choice for your summer reading list! Buy it here!

Happy Summer! Have any plans? Let us know in the comments!

8 comments:

Ruth Logan Herne said...

How can you not love, love, love a post about babies??? Congrats, ladies!

Smoochin' those sweet cheeks from afar!

Robin E. Mason said...

Congratulations Laurie! he's just too adorable!!!

Angie Dicken said...

I know, Ruth! It's always fun to see little ones!! They are the sweetest! Wish I could hold them in real life. Thanks for stopping by!

Angie

Angie Dicken said...

Robin, Don't you love his little Bachelor shirt?? So cute!

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Yeah, celebrating God's blessings. Love the baby pics and totally celebrating with Pepper. If you want to hop over to my blog, Pepper is the star of the show! http://www.maryvee.com

Mary Vee Storyteller said...

Oh, and thanks Ang for doing this post. Looks great!!

Amy Leigh Simpson said...

This makes me smile so big!

Susan Anne Mason said...

Congrats on all the good news!
Sue