Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Writer's Alley Weekend Round-Up

Photo by photostock
freedigitalphotos.net
I love fun secrets. I also love it when someone is able to keep a secret from me and the surprise from learning the secret blows me away. This happened this weekend when my daughter and her husband walked through my front door! We were planning to go see her on Monday, but she had told my husband that what she wanted for her birthday was to surprise ME! (This totally explained why my husband would not make hotel reservations and just wanted to do a day trip...snort!) Secrets can be awesome!

Sometimes knowing a secret makes my heart so happy because I know that when the secret comes out, others will get their socks blessed off. Do you ever feel that way? It's the best feeling in the world, isn't it?  Well, that's all I'm going to say....maybe I have a secret and maybe I don't...now you can be mad at me. ;)

The Alley  Cat Weekly Line-Up

Monday - Angie's post will be sure to please, as always, so don't miss out.
Tuesday - Julia is hosting Regina Brooks, author of Writing Great Books for Young Adult
Wednesday - Karen is hosting Camille Eide with her debut of Like There's No Tomorrow. 
Thursday - Ashley has a great post about being brave and hitting SEND on those manuscript requests.
Friday - Amy will end the week with something especially spicy. (oh boy!)

The Awesome Link Round-Up

Gender Bias: Fact or Fiction? (Writer Unboxed)

12 Amazing Books That Pass The Bechdel Test (Huffington Post)

What To Do Before Signing A Publishing Contract (Litreactor)

Dreams VS Goals: Do You Dream Of Being A Writer? (Kaye Dacus)

10 Ways To Refuel Your Creativity (Write to Done)


Have a great week!




No comments: