Saturday, May 24, 2014

Weekend Round Up...Alley Cat Style

Photo by scottchan
freedigitalphotos.net
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Many of you are relishing the laziness of a long weekend, sleeping in, having a cookout with friends. Some of us will be rushing from church Sunday morning, grabbing a bite to eat on the way to our youngest son's graduation at 12:30 am. Then we will be rushing home to have a reception in his honor at 3:30 pm. Oh, and then we will pack up the last of our belongings so that we can move to a new home 15 miles away on Monday. Yeah...I'm crazy. But I'm happy. Life is good...because God is good...all the time.

This week at The Alley:

Monday - Pepper is Writing Tight with Disney!...how to stir emotion with power words in your writing.
Tuesday - It's a surprise post that is sure to please.
Wednesday - Mary's post is entitled Spring Flowers and Purple Prose. Flowers are beautiful, but flowery words can clutter our garden of words.
Thursday - Krista has a fabulously fun post in store for us.
Friday - Casey is our hostess with her post entitled "Don't Quit Now!". She will be talking more about 1K1HR and getting words on the screen.


The Awesome Link Round Up

My Best Advice On Writing Didn't Come From A Book (Storyline)

Embracing Story (Beth K. Vogt)

Writer's Tool Box (Darla Writes)

Writer's On Vacation: A Comic by Debbie Ohi (Darla Writes)....in honor of Memorial Day

Which Is More Important? Writing Or What We Write? (KM Weiland)

Tex Pieces of Advice for People Who Wish to Write (Heather Sunseri)

6 comments:

Susan Anne Mason said...

Hope everything goes smoothly this weekend, Pepper!

Casey said...

You WILL survive! :-))

Pepper said...

Sue,
I'm moving in June :-) Sherrinda is moving NOW!!! AHHH!!! She can definitely use some pray and chocolate!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Casey, that reminds me of a song by Donna Summer...I WILL SURVIVE...HEY HEY! ;)

And Pepper, I have to tell you that I found a big bar of chocolate in a drawer in my dresser. Not sure how old it is, but I'm saving it in case I am desperate! lol

Sue, We will have to get Pepper some awesome cyber chocolate for her move next month...she will need it, I'm sure. ;)

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Not sure why I called you Sue, Susan! Must be that I am a wee bit tired. Snort. :)

Preslaysa Williams said...

Have a great Memorial Day!