Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Seed of Mystery

Christmas is over.

The New Year is just around the corner. Everyone is making resolutions--praying for that "word" from God--or just trying to not get sick from over-stuffing themselves on Christmas dinner yesterday.

For me--I'm contemplative.

I have some big dreams for this coming year regarding my writing career. They are a change for me, and a scary new territory, but they are seeds God planted in my hearts a few months ago, and I'm excited to finally water them to see what grows.

But I have a hard time sometimes (okay, fine ALL the time) giving over control. I want to "do the work" and have God applaud me for my good job. But just like a seed can't control the soil/water/sunlight it receives, I can't control all the things around my writing career. It's in God's hands.

So, I'm going to pray over my seed. Water it according to God's instructions, and trust that what grows will be what God wills.

It's a MYSTERY! And we writers love a good mystery, right?

Discussion: What about you? Do you have big dreams and goals for this next year? Am I the only one that tends to "over water" in order to get my seed to grow faster???

1 comment:

Casey said...

I was actually just writing a post for later in January about how big our brave is. A good lesson for me, because I often become a recluse in the corner when I'm not brave enough to put myself out there. So this year I'm watering seeds of dreams. To stand out and declare hope in God's future dreams for me. I'm excited to see where these watered seeds take you, Krista!!