Saturday, September 21, 2013

What's Up the Street Next Week?

Okay...last weekend of ACFW pics.
Can you handle a few more?
I'm sure that many of the gals who attended the conference came back with some new blog posts to stir your interests and teach you - especially if they attended James Scott Bell's CE course. AWESOME!

However there were so many more!

And as usual the best part was hanging out with friends...new and old. Jeanne T and Deb Marvin were there as some of our fabulous Alley Pals. Not to mention BFFs Lindsay Harrel and Gabs Meyer. And of course the lovely Katie Ganshert who won a Carol for Debut Novel!!

There's a cool connection that happens to people to love the same God and have the same gifts - especially with writing. Who else can understand that you talk to people no one else can see? And you listen to them too?

By the way - we gained a few honorary members last weekend. Janice Thompson and "Tom Cat" Casey Miller to name two.


Now let's chat a bit about what's up the street next week.

Monday - Angie is taking her inspiration from ACFW and chatting about it today

Tuesday - Julia continues her series about what GREAT books can teach us by focusing on believable characters (one of my favorite topics!!) In honor of believable "characters" I've included the final picture in this post.


Wednesday - Karen will bring her usually beautiful lyrical writing for her post today.

Thursday - Join the lovely Ashley for her post, The View from the Sky-- Learning to Wait Expectantly

Friday - Amy welcomes former Alley Cat, Wendy Paine Miller, to discuss her new book and the crazy world of self-publishing.



Lots of Love from our Alley to Yours!!

(anyone else afraid???) :-)

3 comments:

Debra E. Marvin said...

I think... THINK.. I feel recovered today after conference ( I had a business trip the next day out of town as well).

I really can't wait for the Mp3's of the conference. I missed so much of the teaching but the fellowship of talking writing for four days (and laughing much of the time) was just as important. No wonder we look forward to it all year!

Congrats and best wishes to Casey for moving up to Genesis Coordinator. OH MY that's a big job!

I'm looking forward to this week's posts and for getting back into my writing groove. It was a treat to see you in Indy, ladies! And I got to meet Jeanne T, too!

Debra E. Marvin said...

oh, just ignore that part where I said Genesis...

I meant Congrats on taking over the Carol contest, Casey!

Jeanne Takenaka said...

It's so fun to see these pics and remember fun times with you ladies! And Debra, I LOVED meeting you—finally. :)

This week sounds like a good one, I'm looking forward to it!