Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fast & EasyRoasted Garlic Chicken Pesto Pizza for the Hermit Writer



You just got home from work and you need to finish that one-sheet for the conference coming up, but your family is hungry...what does a too-busy-to-write writer do?

She makes a Roasted Garlic Pesto Chicken Pizza, that's what!

Yes, there is a bit of planning involved to make this easy pizza, but if you have the ingredients on hand, it only takes about 5 minutes prep, and 15 minutes to bake. Toss a salad and you have a meal in less than 30 minutes!

Roasted Garlic, Pesto and Chicken Pizza. (the original site from the Pinterest pin is Pie Birds, Buttons, and Muddy Puddles.  There is a step by step tutorial on this site.). FYI: I did not make my own crust, but bought some artizan pizza crust at Walmart.

Ingredients:

2 pizza crusts
Jar of pesto
Head of garlic, roasted. See how to roast garlic at Pie Birds, Buttons, and Muddy Puddles. (or you could just use a jar of roasted garlic)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
2-3 cups of chopped chicken (I always purchase a rotisserie chicken at Walmart or Sam's, debone it, separate it, put it in bags, and freeze it. I just pull out a bag and defrost it in the microwave...easy!)

Preheat oven to whatever the package of crusts says.
Mash roasted garlic and spread 1/2 over one pizza crust.
Pour 1/2 a jar of pesto onto the crust and spread evenly.
Place 1/2 of the chopped chicken onto your crust.
Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup Paemesan cheese over the mozzarella cheese.

Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the crust and what the packaging says.

I have to say that my family loved it! It was different and had great flavor. We will definitely be making this again! Doesn't the picture look yummy?


What is your favorite type of pizza?

TWEETABLES:

Fast and easy meal for the harried writer...at The Writer's Alley. 
Click to Tweet

Need a quick meal so you have more time to write? Check it out at The Writer's Alley!
Click to Tweet


****************************************************************************
This post is brought to you by
 Sherrinda Ketchersid

Sherrinda is a minister's wife and mother to three giant sons and one gorgeous daughter. A born and bred Texan, she writes historical romance filled with fun, faith, and forever love.

5 comments:

Karen @ a house full of sunshine said...

Looks great - I'll definitely try making it for the family!

H. R. Sinclair said...

I like the traditional pepperoni but I also love the "themed" ones like Greek that has artichokes and feta. The only one I would pass on is one with pineapple.

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Karen,
I think they will love it! And of course, you will love the ease of it. ;)

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Southpaw, I am like you. Pepperoni is my first choice. I don't really like all the veggies on pizza, but sometimes I like to try different things. :) (Pineapple is not one of them!)

Julia M. Reffner said...

I will definitely make this. I think my favorite pizza is Greek. I'll admit to eating the occasional Red Baron White French Bread pizza for lunch.