Saturday, May 11, 2013

What's Up the Street Next Week?

Welcome to the WEEKEND!

We have some exciting changes coming up at The Alley and we want you to be a part of them, but FIRST
We have some news!

Casey Herringshaw SEMI-FINALED in ACFW's Genesis contest! YES!

We are happy dancing with her and so many others! Were you a semi-finalist? Share it here!
(Notice Casey is holding KRISTA's debut novel! Both in adorable pink...just sayin')

We also have a 6 day countdown until the FIRST AlleyCat retreat hosted by Angie Dicken. So we're gearing up for some brainstorming sessions and homespun encouragement to bring back to you guys!

So what's up the street next week?

Monday - Pepper's still trying to figure out what on earth she's going to chat about.

Tuesday- Sherrinda's bringing more Apps for Writers to The Alley

Wednesday - Mary's gearing us up for the retreat with a Pre-retreat post

Thursday - Krista's writing about how to get ready for publication.

Friday - And Casey's still trying to figure out what she's going to blog about along with Pepper. It's a surprise :-)

WE HAVE WINNERS!!!!!

Barbara THompson won Regina Jenning's novel from my guest post with Amy Lathrop. Please contact Casey Herringshaw at caseym.writer@gmail.com

Winner of Siri Mitchell's novel, The Messenger is - Karen K

Winner of Julie Lessman's newest book, Love at Any Cost, is Jeanne T

Please email Pepper at pepperbasham@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Debra E. Marvin said...

Does anyone else have this problem?

I read books but I never get around to posting reviews. I don't always want to write a review (I'm not sure glowing reviews by friends for another friend's book carries much weight for me)

BUT --- I read Krista's book and I really need to write a review. Seeing it in the very pink photo reminded me!

And I need to catch up on your posts that I missed this week.

oh- I was a semi-finalist too! Finally broke through. I don't know how you feel, Casey, but I am happy to be 'here' but will go into some kind of shock if I go into the finals. And so the disappointment will be there but it won't last long.

Have a great week, Alley Cats!

Jeanne Takenaka said...

I LOVE knowing so many semi-finalists in the Genesis!!!! :) It's fun to celebrate with writing friends. :)

And Alley Cats, thank you so much for the win! I'm really looking forward to reading Julie's book. :)

And I'm trying not to turn green with jealousy at y'alls retreat next weekend. ;) You'll have such a fabulous time together. :)

Julia M. Reffner said...

As my son would say, Go for Casey!

V-hugs and chocolate to all my Alley pals, I'll miss you!

Susan Anne Mason said...

Big congrats again to all the Semi finalists!! so happy to be one of them.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers!

A writers retreat! how awesome! Have fun !!

Cheers,
Sue