Saturday, December 8, 2012

What's Up the Street Next Week?

2012 is nearing it's close and the AlleyCats have been discussing what we've accomplished this year.
Join in with us in celebrating. Over the next 3 weeks we're going to celebrate the professional, personal, and spiritual accomplishments of 2012.
We want to celebrate with you TOO!!!

Professionally, the AlleyCats have a lot to celebrate.
Krista debuted her novel, Sandwich with a Side of Romance!!!! WOOHOOO!!
Julia FINISHED writing her first book after 2 1/2 years and became a reviewer for the Library Journal.

Mary took the contest circuit by STORM, semi-finaling in Clash of the Titans (Olympia) and The Christmas Tree Treasure Hunt Writing Contest, as well as finaling in the Phoenix Rattler.

Casey semi-finaled in the Genesis and made her FIRST submission to an agent (Go CASEY!)

Ashley got to meet her writing 'hero..ine' Rene Gutteridge
Angie and Pepper signed with agents this year!
Our Alley family expanded with the WONDERFUL additions of Karen Schravemade and Ashley Clark.

And 8 of the 10 Alleycats got to meet in person at ACFW in Sherrinda's stomping grounds! Dallas! Now THAT was memorable and will probably fit professional, personal, and spiritual all-in-one! :-) Plus we got to catch up with former AlleyCats, Wendy Paine Miller and Sarah Forgrave.

I'm sure there are more things the AlleyCats can add to this list, but we'd love to hear from you! What are some of your professional accomplishments this year?

Okay - so what's happening next week?

Monday - Angie will spotlight a friend who just read her first Christian fiction book! Come see how fiction stories really can change the life of readers.

Tuesday - Debut YA Author is up at The Alley!

Wednesday - Ashley will spice up the blog with her usual charm

Thursday -Join Karen as she posts "Life Critique: A Year in Review"

Friday - (I had to brace myself for this one :-) Cindy teaches about How to Be an Organized Writer. Come and glean from her wisdom

7 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

LOL...Pepper, your response to Cindy's post on Friday....hilarious! I bet the post is fabulous and you might even learn something! Or not! I think what you are doing is working just fine. ;)

Casey said...

Ah...love all the pics and accomplishments this year. We've been busy. :)

Julia M. Reffner said...

Favorite writing part of this year, meeting 7 of you :) BY FAR...

Pepper said...

Sherrinda
the word 'organized' has always struck fear in my inmost being

I prefer controlled chaos

Karen @ a house full of sunshine said...

I want some of your controlled chaos if it will help me write as many books as you have! LOL

Karen @ a house full of sunshine said...

I want some of your controlled chaos if it will help me write as many books as you have! LOL

Lindsay Harrel said...

Yay for all of you!

2012 has been such an amazing year for me.

I finished my first novel and just finished the draft of my second. I finaled in the Rattler too (yay, Mary!). I attended my first major writing conference and a My Book Therapy retreat. I started a critique partnership. Got my first agent and editor rejections. :P Whew, those are out of the way!

And I met all of you here and most at ACFW!!

Yeah. 2012 = good year.