Saturday, June 2, 2012

What's Up the Street For Next Week?

Happy Weekend, everyone!

We have a party going on here at The Writers Alley because....

CINDY WILSON FINALED IN THE GENESIS!!!!

Oh yes, wonderful news! We are snoopy dancing for her. Easy there, Casey!

To see a list of the other Genesis finalist, visit here.

So what do we have planned for you this week?

Monday- Pepper takes the fabulous lessons she learned from Susan May Warren at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference and teaches you a few tips on storywriting.

Tuesday - Sherrinda talk about the First 5 Things To Do When You Don't Final (come for encouragement...I think chocolate might be in order)

Wednesday - Mary continues her series on Why Writers Should Read: Inner Voice Tips

Thursday - Casey finished off Sherrinda's post with the NEXT 5 Things to Do When You Don't Final (more chocolate, I'm sure...and maybe dancing. Casey is known for her dancing)

Friday - Krista has author Karen Witemeyer on today. It's another fabulous Krista interview so make sure you stop on by.

Inspiration comes from many different places, but I've inserted pictures in the post from one of the places that inspires me most....HOME in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

What is something or someplace that inspires you in your writing?

6 comments:

Casey said...

Squeeee, yes I'll dance for Cindy!!!!!! And love the pictures! :D

Joanne Sher said...

Congrats, Cindy!!! Excited for ya!

And this week looks great. Can't wait to read!

AND - the park is inspirational for me for writing. Not sure why - but it is :)

Lindsay Harrel said...

OK, OK, I feel out of the loop. What in the world is Snoopy dancing? Why do I keep hearing about this? Is it some sort of initiation rite into the inspirational writing culture that one must be able to do this dance upon command? ;)

Cuz if so, teach me and sign me up!

Congrats, Cindy! So cool!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Thank you, ladies!

I'm with you, Lindsay! I keep hearing this snoopy dancing thing, too, but I wasn't really sure exactly where it came from or what it meant. I'm all for it, though, cause it sounds like a good thing :)

Casey said...

Here's Snoopy dancing for ya! (you'll get the idea after about ten seconds. Or less. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5-Kyl5Bmx8&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Anonymous said...

Pepper, fun post. :) Looks like a wonderful week coming up here! I referred a young writer to your blog. We'll see if she shows up sometime. :)

Some of my favorite places to write are in a quiet cabin in the mountains with floor to ceiling windows so I can be distracted by God's majesty and on a balcony near the beach so I can hear the surf crashing onto the beach. No, I don't get to have writing time in these places often, but I love them

P.S. I wouldn't necessarily sit out in the open in the mountains because bees and stinging insects scare me (my sister goes into anaplylaxsis with stings, and she and I share many of the same allergies), and I like being close to the beach but not right on it when I'm writing because I don't want sand in my computer. I know I'm probably too practical, but there you have it. :)

PS Casey, thanks for the link for Snoopy Dancing. I love how he dances pure joy! :)

See ya tomorrow.