Friday, December 10, 2010

Ten Excuses Writer's Give For Not Writing

What does a blogger do on a Friday that is supposed to be fun when she has zero motivation to be fun?

She eats chocolate... that's what she does!

Then she looks in her achives for things she's written in the past that are funny and just borrow that.

So without further adu...

Ten Excuses Writer's Give For Not Writing:
1.) Facebook/Blogging/Twitter/IM are all very important social networking tools. Never mind that I spend seven and a half hours a day using them...

2.) Reality TV=research
3.) I have to go to the mall to... people watch! YES! I can get ideas for my books while I shop at Macy's. Seriously, I can!

4.) I have a headache... er... wait, that's a different top ten excuse list!

5.) The word I need just won't come to me.... Let me run a nice bubble bath and soak while I contemplate it.

6.) E-mail! I have E-MAIL!! MUST.... CHECK....

7.) I've been ignoring my kids lately. I should make them food. Maybe some chocolate chip cookies, brownies, pie, scones.... What? Oh, I ate all the cookies??? Um, no I didn't. It was.... your dad. Really. I swear.

8.) Carpel Tunnel. But it's this weird selective type of the disease because I can still type on my blog and my facebook status. I know, strange, huh!

9.) I just killed off a character. I need to observe the proper mourning period before I begin again.

10.) My dog ate my manuscript????

9 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

LOL...too funny, Krista! I like the selective Carpel Tunnel and the mourning period. I'll have to try those excuses. You are such a nut!

Julia M. Reffner said...

I like this, Krista. Must confess EMAIL is my biggest procrastination tool.

I have Ultimate Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting here...want some? Goes great with a big glass of milk.

K.B. Owen said...

I'd like to add: Free Cell (just...one...more...game!).

Kathy

Keli Gwyn said...

Krista, thanks for giving us a smile even when you don't feel much like smiling yourself. I hope you have so much good news in the near future that your cheeks hurt from grinning.

Cyber hugs to you, my friend.

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I'm all over #10!

I love your sense of humor.
~ Wendy

Kav said...

LOL -- this is funny. How about I slept in, had twenty minutes to get the bus to work and my oatmeal exploded in the microwave? That could be #11 as well as the start of my day today. :-)

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Unknown said...

Mine right now? I'm itching to write something, but I don't want to, my fault for visiting writers alley again.Aaannnnddd I wrote a play from start to finish this morning.The dog ate my manuscript is classic!
Proper mourning? huh! excuses!! Whoops, and I'm talking

Unknown said...

Oh and I write pen and paper way too, who dreams of scribes?